ResumeStack message... bug?

Mark Swindell mdswindell at cruzio.com
Mon Nov 12 15:42:27 EST 2007

I posted this a couple of days ago under a different header, but I'm
hoping someone here will have a couple of minutes to replicate this
scenario and shed some light on what is happening (or not happening)
with the resumeStack handler.  From my perspective, something appears
to be wrong, but maybe I'm not understanding.

Recipe:
Create a new main stack (stack "AAA") with a single scrolling field
on its only card (field 1).  Create two substacks of this stack
("BBB," and "CCC")

At the stack level of each of the sub stacks place this script:

on resumeStack
go stack "AAA"
put "hello"&return after field 1
end resumeStack

Now, toggle back and forth, slowly, between the two substack windows
so that each alternately comes to the front.

What I experience (and another list member confirmed) is this:

On the first two toggles a  resumestack message is sent and "hello"
appears in field 1 of stack "AAA".
On the next two toggles a resumeStack message appears NOT to be sent
and no "hello" appears.

Then two more "hellos"
Then two "no hellos."

And so on.  It functions correctly twice, doesn't function twice,
functions correctly twice, etc.  Add a third substack, and it cycles
around to functioning correctly every third time.

What is the reason behind this behavior?  Looking at the message
watcher,  is something going on with cRevTable, cRevGetsUpdate that
prohibits the resumeStack from firing on the first revisit (what do
these do)?

Thanks,
Mark