Rev cgi on Win 2K server, anyone ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Nov 10 14:07:28 EST 2007

jbv-

Saturday, November 10, 2007, 2:45:52 AM, you wrote:

> the version() function returns 2.6.1
> so I put revdb.dll into
>     C:\cgi-bin\components\global environment\
> and the dbmysql.dll driver in the same folder cgi-bin as
> the Rev cgi exe.

I think the dbmysql.dll library needs to go into
C:\cgi-bin\components\global environment\database_drivers\Win32\
and you also need MySQL.txt in
C:\cgi-bin\components\global environment\database_drivers\

The best thing IMO may be to install rev onto the server so that the
directory structure is all there, then see if you can run it locally
and access your MySQL database. That will eliminate rev problems from
the mix. If it still doesn't work as a cgi after that then you may
have Windows permissions problems with the subdirectories... this is
why I think Apache might have been a better route...

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net