Relayering Grouped Controls

Bridger Maxwell bridgeyman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 22:24:28 EST 2007

Hey,
  Either I am missing something very obvious, or I have discovered a
bug.  I am unable to relayer a control that is within a group.  I have
set the releyerGroupedControls to true, but I still receive the error
"can't set layer (card not open, or control in group)."  Here is my
script, if that helps.  Both the group ("Symbol" & vNum) and img
"SceneFrame" are within the same group, "SceneWrapper."

on layerSymbol vNum
  lock screen
  set the relayerGroupedControls to true
  if vNum is not empty and there is a grp ("Symbol" & vNum) then
    set the layer of grp ("Symbol" & vNum) to (the layer of img
"SceneFrame")  --Throws an error
  end if
end layerSymbol

I have found a workaround using the start editing group command, but
it is too slow for my purposes.  Here is the workaround script that
does work.

on layerSymbol vNum
  lock screen
  set the relayerGroupedControls to false
  if vNum is not empty and there is a grp ("Symbol" & vNum) then
    start editing grp "SceneWrapper"
    set the layer of grp ("Symbol" & vNum) to (the layer of img
"SceneFrame")
    stop editing
  end if
  unlock screen
end layerSymbol

Also, I am running Revolution 2.9 dp-1 on OS X "Leopard," perhaps this
is a new bug?  Can someone verify that is running the Beta or Leopard?

  Thank You,
    Bridger Maxwell
    www.FieryFerret.com