Updating stack without going to it

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 11:52:22 EST 2007

On 11/8/07 7:49 AM, "Mark Swindell" <mdswindell at cruzio.com> wrote:

> Can one make visible changes to a stack (change card, update field
> propeties) without actually going to the stack?
>
> I have a situation where I'm trying to update a navigation stack
> (which is the mainstack) to reflect having selected any of multiple
> open substacks.  I'm using a resumeStack handler to accomplish
> this .  The problem is that I get into a recursive situation, as
> every time the resumeStack goes out and updates the navigationStack,
> it has to return to the substack and the resumeStack is called again,
> and around we go.
>
> I know this should be simple, but I'm not getting it.

I have used this before, but not with resume stack, so I cannot say I have
seen your particular setup, nor have I seen the recursion.

put "something" into fld "displayData" of stack "Status View"

set the selection of field "stackList" of stack "mainNav" to 3

...  but not using suspend/Resume Stack.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas