Idle handlers and Text files

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:56:55 EST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 9:28 PM, Malte Brill <revolution at derbrill.de> wrote:

> following test scenario. Vanilla Stack, first card script reads:
>
> on preOpenStack
>   answer "moo"
> end preOpenStack
>
> Save->quit rev, double click -> No moo at all
>
> quit rev -> open Rev -> double click -> Moos just fine
>
> same with drag and drop
>
> RR 2.8.1, Intel MacBook, German Os X.4.10, with and without GLX.

Malte,

Just started Rev, created a brand new Main Stack, copied your handler above
into the card script, Quit Rev and tried both double clicking and Drag &
Drop and 'moo' came up both times.

RR 2.8.1 in IDE mode, Intel MacBook Pro, English OS x.4.10, with and without
GLX

Additionally, I've had this stack working since 2.6, but without the warning
about mySQL server not running. In the preOpenStack handler there is a call
to lookup the last record in a table and present the data. If mySQL wasn't
running I'd just get empty fields, with mySQL running the fields would be
filled so I'm pretty sure preOpenStack has been behaving this way for years
- at least for double clicking as this is how I've normally started this
stack; can't say the same for Drag & Drop as I don't start my stacks that
way.

Need others to test.