Rev cgi on Win 2K server, anyone ?

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Wed Nov 7 15:32:45 EST 2007

Mark ,

Thanks again for kindly answering my post.

actually I have good news : I now have Rev cgi running on my client's
Win 2003 server !!!  I pointed the guy in charge of the server to your
earlier post from 18 months ago, and 20 mins later the thing was up and running
!
those young guys can be impressive...

but now I have another problem : I just can't connect to mySQL 5.0.22...

I'm using Rev 2.6.2 (I grabbed that engine on the runrev ftp server),
and have placed the dbmysql.dll driver that comes with Rev 2.5 in
the same folder as the engine (privileges 777).

I get a huge CGI error (not the usual refdeb error) when using
"get revOpenDatabase" so I'm wondering if the engine includes the
revDB library... actually, the 2.5 I've been using on Linux for years
does include revDB, so I guess the 2.6.2 does too...
Is there a way to know it for sure ? Or perhaps am I using a wrong
DB driver version ? Or perhaps should I put revDB in a stack and
include "start using stack..." in my scripts ?

well, it's late... I'll try again tomorrow. But any smart advice is
welcome, of course.

Thank you and good night.
JB