Idle handlers and Text files

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 07:13:27 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 11:11 PM, Malte Brill <revolution at derbrill.de> wrote:

> Well, my experience is that it does not get sent if Rev is not yet
> open and you double click on a stack file, or drag the stack to the
> rev icon in the Dock  under Os X.
> If Rev is already open stacks Do get preOpenstack and openStack.

Sorry for coming to this late, but I must differ.

I have preOpenStack handler which determines if the mySQL server is running
and if not, pops up a dialog to tell me that it isn't and that my app is
about to Quit to allow me to start mySQL first. Works like a charm. I quite
often start my app by double clicking when Rev isn't running. I don't Drag &
Drop though, but I just tried it and it worked fine, again without Rev
running in the first place.

App in IDE mode, OSX 10.4.10, Rev 2.8.1, MacTel, with & without GLX2

There must be something in your code.