Stripping html tags (was Re: Problem with revExecuteSQL - More)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 2 12:17:58 EDT 2007

Dave wrote:
> Yes, I'm sure thats the function we were talking about!
>
> Where can I  get it from?

I don't know where that one resides, but when I need to strip HTML tags
from text I just set the htmlText of a field and then get the text of
that field.

Ken Ray recently discovered this works with the templateField as well,
so you don't need to rely on a physical field to do this:

function html2text pHtml
     put the htmlText of the templateField into tSaveData
     set the htmlText of the templateField to pHtml
     get the text of the templateField
     set the htmlText of the templateField to tSaveData
     return it
end html2Text

--
  Richard Gaskin