ABout the Rev Search Engine (was: Re: Problem with revExecuteSQL - More)

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Nov 2 07:27:24 EDT 2007

Hi all,

The Rev Search Engine (that was first a plugin of mine named
'Resources Picker' prior Rev 2.7) is not easy to find unless you are
curious enough to click on 'Search' (last button in Rev Docs tool
bar) then explore it.

The Rev Search Engine searches for information from 4 main sources:

. Revolution documentation: FAQ*, sample scripts, dictionary, topics
section* and cookbook*
. Revolution related mailing lists. Additional links to Google
. Revolution related relevant web resources through a local
customizable database.
. Rev Online search using keywords
. RevNet search using keywords
. "All the Web" with a choice of three engines

* That's true for the plugin available from my website but these
options are disabled in the Rev IDE version.

In addition, the Rev Search Engine provides goodies as giving you the
list of recent stacks uploaded to RevOnline, images search on the
web, Rev quick reference guides access, direct links to 'gurus'
websites, etc.

I can just say I use it myself very often especially to find some
stuff about any precise topic.
And AFAIK it always brings to me relevant results that enhance my
knowledge :-)

In a next version, I think of adding a Wikipedia search and convince
Runrev to put back Jeanne de Voto cookbook, so valuable for beginners...

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.