Problem with revExecuteSQL - More

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 15:33:13 EDT 2007

On 1 Nov 2007, at 19:25, Dave wrote:
> The path is coming out of the iTunes XML file. It's not just this
> path, it's a load of them, for instance there are a lot of
> instances that wherever there is an ampersand it is followed by
> #38; There are files that have funny accents that cause the problem
> too, If I read back the same track using AppleScript the weird
> characters are not there.
>
> I think that the tracks where this occurs were imported from a PC.

Are any of them old enough to have to have passed through OS9? Unless
you had the Joliet extension installed, PC-written CDs could get
dropped down to '8+3' naming.

I've a feeling that Applescript can cope with the abbreviated
filepaths, you may have to write a quick script, maybe something like
convert to a Mac path and feed to Applescript, then get a POSIX path
back from the script.

But it's definitely a name-shortening problem.

Ian