Problem with revExecuteSQL - More

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Thu Nov 1 14:28:03 EDT 2007

Dave wrote:

> However I now have a another weird problem, I have a field that
> represents a file path, in this case the path is:
>
> /Users/Dave/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Blank & Jones/Addicted To
> Trance (Disc 1)/11 DJs, Fans And Freaks.mp3
>
> However a "if there is a file" fails on this path. When I look I can't
> see the & in the file name. I'm guessing it's something to do with
> UTF16 vs UTF8 or something, but I'm not sure how to resolve it. The
> database I am writing is set to UTF8 which AFAIK is the only option
> for SQLite.
>
> Any ideas what how to overcome this problem?
1) Is the &#38 part of the filename?
2) Can you type the filename "by hand"
3) Do you need the ENTIRE filename or is the
"/Users/Dave/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/" part common to all the files?
If it's common, you might consider saving this part in a separate variable.
4) If you look at the htmlText  (you might have to put the path into a
field variable to do this, is the & there?
5) This might be an OS issue (i.e., the OS is playing with the displayed
text).  Have you tried getting the length of the string before and after
putting it into the field?  If it's translating the code & into a
single character, the displayed length should be shorter than what
you've typed (by 4 characters I think).
6) Just for my own curiousity, what IS &?

len morgan