Place to stash a text file in Vista thats shared by all users?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Nov 1 12:24:07 EDT 2007

Chris and Richard,

I was confronted with this problem and the 'horrible' way Vista makes
its own of all it wants as it wants.
But you know this too...
Sometimes, I do regret to not be obliged to work on my Mac only ;-)

I had noticed that Norton LiveUpdate folder and others significant
data that have to be updated frequently were there...
And as far as I can agree (!!!) the way Vista makes its job, I assume
that C:/ProgramData (the name itself is significant) could be the
right place and it works for me AFAIK.

Chris, you say that some files you put in it were nevertheless
virtualized?
It would be interesting to go to the bottom of this: can you share
circumstances when it happened?

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.