Place to stash a text file in Vista thats shared by all users?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 1 11:19:15 EDT 2007

Eric Chatonet wrote:
> Le 31 oct. 07 à 19:11, rgould8 at aol.com a écrit :
>
>> Can anyone tell me if there's a directory somewhere in Windows
>> Vista that is accessible by all users of the PC??
>
> specialFoderPath(35) (C:/ProgramData) seems the directory you need.

Good find, Eric.  Thanks!

Some months ago we had a discussion here looking for such a directory,
and no one could turn up one which was writable by even non-admin accounts.

But I was able to verify that specialFolderPath(35) can indeed be
written to and read from by admin and non-admin accounts.

Good sleuthing!

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal