About Applications under MacOS X.

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Nov 1 07:27:19 EDT 2007

Hi again,

Just some more information:
Create a new folder in Mac OSX and name it Myapp.app:
It becomes a bundle and you can see that the system changes the icon
folder for the default app icon.
But it is still a folder :-)
A double click will attempt to launch MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp
Contextual menu will contain an item 'Show bundle contents' that
actually opens the folder.
The system uses this way of handling things to simplify user's life
but the contextual menu always allows you to watch all files.

Le 1 nov. 07 à 11:08, GIRARD Damien a écrit :

> Bonjour Eric,
>
> Thanks, now I can finish my MacOS X installer.
>
> Eric Chatonet a écrit :
>> Bonjour Damien,
>>
>> RevCopyFolder :-)
>>
>> Le 1 nov. 07 à 10:56, GIRARD Damien a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Under MacOS X, an application is a package, and it seen as file,
>>> under Windows, we see this package as folder.
>>>
>>> When I copy a package, may I use revCopyFile or RevCopyFolder ?
>>> (Under MacOS X).
>>>
>>> My Mac is down and I can't try now.
>>>
>>> Thanks,

Best regards from Paris,