We are not alone - Latest Java and Leopard

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 05:22:25 EDT 2007

--- Lynn Fredricks <lfredricks at proactive-intl.com>
wrote:

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/10/29/no_java_for_leopard/

> I guess Sun is having their issues too...
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lynn Fredricks

The Java situation is quite different from the
Revolution situation. Sun has no influence on Java on
the MacOS X platform, as Apple insists on complete
control of the Mac experience.
Apple is late porting Java 6 to MacOS X. They did put
a lot of work into updating Java 5 for MacOS X Leopard
and making it easier for developers to make Java
applications that look native.
One can't help but wonder if Apple is just not
interested in developers that don't develop
exclusively for Mac using Cocoa and XCode. And to stay
completely silent is not in Apple's best interest.
Then again, they're not ctaering to the enterprise
market.
Oh well, I was going to wait until 10.5.1 anyway
before installing it, so I'll continue to use the
Java6 Developer Preview for a little while longer.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====