weird altBrowser problem

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Thu May 31 20:18:20 EDT 2007

Hiya,

I'd say it's a spin-up issue. Insert a delay and see if that stops it
from happening. Or: Prior to the URL fetch ask it to read in a small
text file from the CD to get it going and then fetch the URL. Or: Get
the volume info OF THE CD. Essentially they are just different ways
to get the drive to spin-up.
I've found 'fast' old drives take longer to spin-up.

Cheers,

Luis.