weird altBrowser problem

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Thu May 31 13:14:58 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I am struggling with a problem involving altBrowser on Windows.

I have a standalone that uses altBrowser to display local html files
that include swf files. On each html file I have included the
client-side
flash plug-in detection script fund on the Adobe website.

When the standalone runs on my HD, everything works fine.
But when it runs on a CD-Rom, sometimes (and only sometimes), when
displays an error message (the kind of message you get online when
your browser can't access an url), and then loads the html + swf files
correctly..
This problem occurs only seldom, and on some Win boxes only...

I'm using the standard revBrowserOpen( windowId, url) found in the
docs.

Does anyone know what can cause this ? Is it related to the delay
needed for loading the files on the CD-Rom ? Is there a way to avoid it
?

Thanks in advance,

JB