Is it possible to clone a stack and the user does not see anything ?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu May 31 07:59:17 EDT 2007

Re,

Here is a simpler version of Sarah method that might help you:
In the card/stack script of the template stack, just insert:

on preopenStack
   if "copy" is in the short name of this stack then
     go invisible to this stack
   else
     <template stack regular preopenStack>
   end if
end preopenStack

Hope this helps.

Le 31 mai 07 à 13:53, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

> Bonjour André,
>
> This flicker problem has been solved two years ago by Sarah:
> http://www.nabble.com/Cloning-stacks-invisibly--tf183329.html#a511158
> :-)
>
> A good trick!
>
> Le 31 mai 07 à 13:27, André.Bisseret a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>> In a handler I am cloning a stack, say, « substackModel »
>> Something like :
>> ------
>> lock screen
>> clone stack "subStackModel"
>>   close stack "copy of subStackModel" -- to minimize the time it
>> is visible
>>   set the name of stack "copy of subStackModel" to suchName
>>   set the mainStack of stack suchName to «thisMainStack »
>>   etc ...
>> -------
>> Despites the « lock screen » and the second line which close the
>> new stack as soon as it has been created, the new created stack
>> appears for a while.
>>
>> Is it possible to do that invisibly  ?
>>
>> Any advice ?
>> Thanks a lot in advance
>>
>> Best regards from Grenoble (surrounded by white moutains for two
>> days now !! :-)))
>> André
>
> Best regards from Paris,
> Eric Chatonet.