All this talk about DataBases

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue May 29 23:15:27 EDT 2007

Scott,

Thanks, many people were involved in bringing this resource to life,
I belive we all smile when someone likes it! Don't we all love when
it works! :-)

remember for each query you do, Apache has to start the revolution
engine, load the stack, load the database stack, perform the
operations, build the response and shut everything down. This all
happens very quickly.

Coding databases in Rev is not like doing SQL databases at all, you
need to code your software in smart ways, like build indexes and
really think about your search and cross-reference routines. If
possible the heavy duty job should be done on database insert/removal/
modification. Like when something changes the database, you
recalculate all kinds of things to speed up your queries. Usually a
database has more queries than it has modifications so if you make
the modifications slower (due to extra computation) to make the
queries faster, people will be happy.

Cheers
andre