All this talk about DataBases

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue May 29 22:50:52 EDT 2007

Joe,

check http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/lexicon it is a
lexicon for those interested in Hinduism. It not only performs
searches but it has cross-references between words. For example
search for "karma" or "vedas", if you want to see a quick query just
search for "a" this will give all the words starting with "a". try
clicking on the related words and see some AJAX routines fetching
data and displaying it to you. All this web app is Revolution
powered. The database stack has more than 3.000 records, one by card.
You can see it is pretty fast, the delay is usually the network
latency not the search.

I like using revolution as a database, I just move to SQL database
servers when I need complex queries or concurrent access (or to store
millions records, but I never needed that).

cheers
andre