shell command problem

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Tue May 29 17:16:19 EDT 2007

Correct method found!!!

ON mouseUp
     put field "myControl2" into tControl
     IF tControl is not "" THEN
         put shell("/bin/iRed" && fld "myControl2")
     ELSE
         revspeak "OH OH"
	-- other error correction here
     END IF
END mouseUp

with

  -send "Robosapien V2" "square"

in field "myControl2" instead of ( iRed -send "Robosapien V2"
"square"). Apparently using the path and command works and then the
iRed is not needed before the command.

It now works and I am using Revolution to completely control the
"Robosapien V2" Robot from Sharper image and also the "Alive
Chimpanzee" as well. This opens up the option to have a Chimp alert
me to new email or other environmental controls as well as to create
software to allow or give the impression of "Artificial Personality".
I prefer AP over AI since the personality is the better part for most
people any way and not the intelligence.

I had already figured out how to control the robot via speech
recognition and Applescript as well as using a USB keypad (iKeys) and
iCal for timed events etc. but I wanted to accomplish it with having
to have the iRed application open and since they provided the
CommandLine app version of iRed that seemed the best way to go. Now
it is running smoothly and I need to put it all together and finalize
the interface.

Once I am finished putting this all together I will upload to my user
area with details on how to accomplish this wonderful treat.

Thanks Mark and Thierry.

Tom