shell command problem

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue May 29 12:53:29 EDT 2007

Hi Thomas,

I get "handler not found" instead of "can't set property". At which
line exactly does the error occur? Why don't you have hints in your
error message? The hint line contains important information about the
cause of the problem.

Have you tried executing the foloowing line?

put shell("/bin/iRed" && fld "myControl2")

If this doesn't work, either the command line utility is not where
you think you have put it or the contents of the field is incorrect.
If it does work, something is wrong with your script.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 29-mei-2007, om 16:40 heeft Thomas McGrath III het volgende
geschreven:

> Can someone guide me in the correct use of the shell command on OSX.
>
> I have an app called "iRed" which comes with a command line
> application that I copied to the bin folder on my machine and from
> a terminal window I can execute the following "ired -send
> "Robosapien V2" "D" which works great. iRed is a program that can
> send IR codes via a USB device called "irTrans" to my Robosapien V2
> robot.
>
> Everything works fine from within iRed controlling the robot.
> Everything works fine from the terminal window.
> Everything also works fine using an applescript:
> try
> 	tell application "iRed" to send ir Code "D" of RC "Robosapien V2"
> on error
> 	beep
> end try
>
> & Everything also works storing the applescript in a custom prop in
> REV and then DOing the applescript.
>
> The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to run a command
> line directly from within REV. The docs say if I am having trouble
> to try the command line directly in a terminal window and it does
> indeed work fine.

<snip script & errors>