revSpeak with 2.8.1

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Tue May 29 10:54:52 EDT 2007

What version of Windows are you running?  What version of TTS on
Windows?  Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, changed the Speech API
between 4 and 5.  Revolution currently defaults to version 5.  If you
don't have version 5 installed, you need to replace revspeech.dll with
revspeechsapi4.dll (renamed to revspeech.dll), or upgrade to TTS version 5.

revspeechsapi4.dll can be found in Runtime\Windows\x86-32\Externals in
version prior to 2.8.1.