"Around the house with RR"

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 06:53:41 EDT 2007

I recently put together a program for children to
practise the past forms of the verb to "BE":

programmed it in 2.8.1 RC,

saved it in legacy format,

took it downstairs (to my schoolroom) to build with RR
2.2.1 Linux,

the file made RR 2.2.1 try to download engines for Mac
OS and Windows! and, because it could not download
those engines did not build the desired Linux
standalone.

went upstairs again and went back to original fle in
2.8.1 and opened the StandaloneSettings window;

unchecked Mac OS and Windows builds,

resaved in legacy format,
took it downstairs and built a standalone with no
trouble at all.

SO . . .

obviously RR 2.8.1 stores information related to
projected / potential standalone builds in the
individual stack.

Pretty Crummy!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.