altID

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat May 26 06:51:23 EDT 2007

On 26/05/07, Dick Kriesel <dick.kriesel at mail.com> wrote:

> Watch out also for the upper limit on altIDs, which is 65535.

Didn't know that - will do!

Does that work for you?

 I don't think it does. I like the idea of being able to copy a template
into a stack and still refer to the object by its altID - so everything
keeps working. The aim is not to have to rename anything in a script as this
gets messy in a general case.

But if I copy 10 versions to the same stack it won't work with altIDs
because they would all have the same id and as (unlike the case with normal
ids) - you cant use a syntax like "group id 65535 of card 1" there is no way
to distinguish them without renaming them.