Windows DLLs and path

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Sat May 26 00:51:51 EDT 2007

From: "Bill Vlahos" <bvlahos at mac.com>

> That's very clever to put them in a custom property and unpack when
> needed. I'm not installing into c:\Program Files so that should not be a
> problem.

It's an old trick with other IDE's.  :-)

> How do you "free the dll"? Other than the dlls would still be there, is
> there a problem if a user uses the Task Manager to kill the program as it
> won't free the dlls?

AFAICT using a dll's in Rev requires implicity loading (intializing them)
and then unloading them (from samples of externals I've seen, though I could
be wrong here).  However generally, all things being equal, Windows will
unload the dll when it is no longer being used.  So....  The best way to
arrive at the correct solution here is to give it a try and see if you get
any Windows error messages doing it.

Scott Kane
CD Too - Voice Overs Artist  &Original Game and Royalty Free Multi-Media
Music
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come."  Victor Hugo