Severe crash with Rev 2.8.1 under MacOSX 10.4.9

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri May 25 16:51:24 EDT 2007

Joel Guillod wrote:
> May be the crash Joe reported is NOT due to the RR Search engine!!! Read
> more...
>
> This afternoon I have experienced two unexpectedly exits from Revolution
> and I restarted my machine. And then I had a very severe crash during a
> normal development session. I had no problem under Rev 2.7.4 for the
> same business. Before the crash the only "unusual" thing I made is
> printing a few cards and the print actually occured. But then when I
> exited Revolution the session has unexpectedly closed and I spent much
> time to be able to restart MacOSX (10.4.9 PPC). The Preview application
> was the only one opened apart from Revolution (and Finder of course) and
> I have not worked with any other applications during this user session.
>
> If some other one experienced such a behavior, think about filling a bug
> before some catastrophic event happens... with 2.8.1.

I've had a couple of these also...(same platform)
  but the requirement to identify
a reproducible recipe has made it difficult to consider posting a
bug. interestingly, when this happens, my

on closestack
    save this stack
end closestack

seem, to fire and I haven't really lost any work.
And I've never had to restart my machine.

i had a couple of such crashes on close stacks
that were open over the network (the stack is actually
on the server in another room)...

But, true: 2.7.4 was more stable.

but to keep things in perspective:

2.8.1  is still more stable than Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0
which unexpectedly quits on me quit regularly (from the new
CS3 Suite)

Go figure (smile)