Difference between revdb_connect and revOpenDatabases ?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri May 25 06:03:12 EDT 2007

> I want to use with 2.8.1 the now integrated sqlite db and stumbled over two
> different sets of db functions. The first one start with revdb_, like
> revdb_connect and the other ones have names like revOpenDatabases. I have
> found examples for both, but probably one is "old fashioned" and one is new
> and for the future? Can someone explain the difference ( concerning the use
> of sqlite) and which set of functions is the "state of the art" using rev
> today?

As you thought, the "revdb" set are older and the "rev" ones are the
more modern equivalents. You can use either but you need to be careful
because in some cases one will be a function and the equivalent will
be a command. This means that they are not always completely
interchangeable.

I prefer using the "rev" ones but that is just my preference - there
is nothing wrong with using the "revdb" options.

Cheers,
Sarah