How to find amazing stuff (was: Re: Where do I find Trevors Enhanced QT Externals?)

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Thu May 24 00:06:16 EDT 2007

Andre Garzia wrote:
> it could be proxy support. Maybe it's not a firewall issue but his
> corporate network uses proxies and he hasn't setup one with Rev.

But my proxy prefs are set.

> oops... forget about that... I just saw the part about login.
>
> if you login from the web browser, can you use rev online after that
> procedure?
>
> andre

No, the web browser authentication has no affect on Rev Online.

Chip Walters wrote:
> Authentication via proxy is a very complicated issue, and for now it's
> best to have an administrator provide a 'pinprick' through the
> firewall for the requested ipAddress/domain.

Hahahaha! Administrators will never go for that idea. Besides, the new rev
search area seems to be contacting multiple resources with many
ipAddresses/domains.

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> If your network setup is affecting all of these tools, I wonder if
> it may be best to go straight to the source and see if libURL
> could be enhanced to support what you need.
>
> Dave Cragg, any thoughts on this?  Is there perhaps something we
> could be doing to accommodate Roger's network with what's in
> libURL now?
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

Good idea!  Dave, please ask Hal what he thinks. ;-)  "I'm sorry Dave, but
accomodating the one user that has this problem could negatively affect the
remaining hundreds of users that are not using a proxy server." <big
smiley>

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>