Error report emails

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:02:23 EDT 2007

> > That line of script does not appear in any of my code, so I assume  there
> > is an error in the error reporting. Has anyone else experienced
> > this? I'm not even sure what version of Revolution it is. It won't be
> > 2.8.1 but it could be 2.6.x, 2.7.x or 2.8.0
>
> I get this with 2.6.1.  It makes that rather nice facility unusable for me
> so I've coded a routine to save a log best I can.

Thanks for giving me a Rev version number to match. I'll have to do
some tests to see if this still happens on 2.8.1 then update the app.

> > > Related to this, it would be really good if there was a way to add some
> > more data to these reports e.g. the version number of the
> > software, the platform, the engine number etc. If I bugzilla the erroneous
> > error report, I might add an enhancement request for this.
> > Does anyone have any other suggestions that they would like added at
> > the same time?
>
> With 2.6.1 it exits the stand alone after showing the error.  It'd be nice
> if it did not do this, though this may well have been fixed in later
> versions of Rev. Probably something I should check with the latest beta.

I agree. In Rev errors are very rarely fatal, so the app should not
need to quit. Once I've checked whether this bug still happens in
2.8.1, I'll add an enhancement request and include this.

Cheers,
Sarah