Obtaining the hardware MacAddress ON WINDOWS

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Tue May 22 20:24:40 EDT 2007

> How about the tip:
>
> http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/env001.htm
>
> Does that work for you?
>

> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.

It appears to be a good all xplatform script, however the Windows part
suffers from the same problem that my script does.

> put shell("ipconfig /all") into temp
> get matchText(temp,"Physical Address[\. ]*: ([A-Z0-9-]*)",retVal)

This returns the 'first occurance' of the line containing "Physical
Address". There are 5 of these on my system; each with an address. It was
luck of the draw that my wireless connection was first in the list and I
was using wireless when I ran your script. If I switch to wired LAN,
ipconfig still shows the same address for wireless first in the list.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>