Multi-CD installer

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Mon May 21 20:30:33 EDT 2007

From: "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com>

>I may need to write a multi-CD installer, which leaves me with two
>question:
>
> 1. How do I eject the first CD on Windows?

Not Rev code, but maybe you can adapt it
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/UseNet/1999/0305a.txt

> 2. Anyone know if there will be a problem trying to remove the first CD
> since that's the one the app is running from?

I would have thought the app would be in RAM (have not tried this) and
therefore quite capable of continuing.  However - why not just copy the
installer to the Windows Temp folder and then clean up when you are
finished?

Scott Kane
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a
little way past them into the impossible."
Arthur C Clarke