Error in docs about "file creation date"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 21 15:46:21 EDT 2007

Martin Baxter wrote:

> The dates are OK, although the result does deviate from what the docs
> tell you to expect in that items 3 and 11 (unsupported on windows) are
> supposed to therefore contain zero, according to the docs, in the same
> way as items 7,8,9. But are in fact empty. Unlikely to cause any real
> trouble I would think, but you never know.

Thanks for running the check, it's been an interesting thread. When I
was reseraching it in bugzilla I saw there's a bug report about the lack
of zeros on unsupported Windows items (bug #606.) It's marked as "minor"
but you could add comments to it if you think it's important. A
workaround for now is to have scripts check for "> 0" rather than zero
itself. That way both zero and empty would evaluate the same way.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com