Error in docs about "file creation date"

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 00:39:13 EDT 2007

I have little experience with virus systems or other defenses against
macros, but could it be possible that files may be 'quarantined' or marked
or symbolized in such a way that a security system might interfere with file
info?

Wilhelm: if you run an Applescript that gets the same info during the same
handler, does this return the matching value?

I wrote these in about 30 minutes so you might want to refine them to do a
better job (they work on my OSX)

You need to have the front window in the Finder showing the folder of files
you want.  This list will include folders and show the flag as the last col.

----- start copy here > paste into a Rev field "asScriptModDates"
try
    tell application "Finder" to set the source_folder to (folder of the
front window) as alias
on error -- no open folder windows
    set the source_folder to path to desktop folder as alias
end try

set the item_list to list folder source_folder without invisibles
set source_folder to source_folder as string --conversion
set outputList to {}
repeat with i from 1 to number of items in the item_list
    set this_item to item i of the item_list
    set this_item to (source_folder & this_item) as alias
    set this_info to info for this_item

    copy "NewLine" to end of outputList
    copy the name of this_info to end of outputList
    copy the creation date of this_info to end of outputList
    copy the modification date of this_info to end of outputList
    copy the folder of this_info to end of outputList

end repeat
return outputList
-------------------- end copy of Applescript

run this handler to get the dates into columns
------ start copy here > paste into stack script
on mousedoubleup
  set the cursor to busy
  put fld "asScriptModDates" into cmd
  do cmd as applescript
  put the result into ans
  put char 2 to -2 of ans into ans
  put quote into q
  put comma into c
  replace (q&"NewLine") with cr in ans
  replace (q&c) with tab in ans
  replace ("date "&q) with empty in ans
  replace (tab &" "&q) with empty in ans

  put ans into msg
  set the clipboarddata to ans
  --now paste into Excel to see in columns
end mousedoubleup
---------- end copy

Hope this helps dial in on the inaccuracies.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas