Error in docs about "file creation date"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun May 20 22:04:36 EDT 2007

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> The results I get here using your script are exactly the same as with my
> slightly different script

I think we need to find out why we're getting different results. A
search in bugzilla gives two related bugs, both now fixed:

4293 The detailed files doesn't return correct creation date f...
4474 Detailed Files Always Returns 0 for Last Modified and 000...

The first one involves only files with long file names on OS X. The
second doesn't match your results (you aren't getting 0, you are getting
real dates.) But maybe you could read these two and see if either apply
to your situation.

My own results are correct in both XP and OS X, so I don't know what
else to say. It would be great if others could do some checking. Maybe
that would give us a clue what the differences are between your results
and mine. There isn't much to go on so far.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com