"Copy control" - is not copying now!

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun May 20 09:46:53 EDT 2007

Still not got to the bottom of this - but what is happening is that the
previous "copy" has happened but is not being registered by the rev engine.
A breakpoint gives it time to catch up - though wait has no effect (perhaps
due to blocking). It is not to do with the way I am referencing the
controls:

Without adding a breakpoint for the following lines of code:

put rightView
> put the name of rightView
> put the number of controls of rightView
> put the name of control 1 of rightView
> put the name of control 2 of rightView
> put the long id of group 1 of rightView

I get:

group id 1992 of group id 1981 of card id 1002 of stack "Test Copy"
> group "_Right View"
> 2
> button "_Layout PlaceHolder"
> button "_Placeholder Menu"

with the script exiting on the last line because there is supposedly no
"group 1". Well there is! It has been copied there and the original controls
deleted. After teh script wrongly exits - they are there to see and refer to
with the same code.

If I put a breakpoint before the lines of code above and then "run" the same
code in the debugger:

breakpoint

put rightView
> put the name of rightView
> put the number of controls of rightView
> put the name of control 1 of rightView
> put the name of control 2 of rightView
> put the long id of group 1 of rightView

I get the following correct result:

group id 2083 of group id 2069 of card id 1002 of stack "Test Copy"
> group "_Right View"
> 12
> button "_Menu Button"
> button "_Header Divider"
> group id 2087 of group id 2083 of group id 2069 of card id 1002 of stack
> "Test Copy"

in other words  it has been created and is a group with 12 controls (one of
them a nested group) in it not the old simple place holder group.

Any idea how to force the engine to "catch up" - which must be what the
debugger is doing?