Private commands

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat May 19 10:16:08 EDT 2007

Sounds kind of pornographic doesn't it :) Hope it doesn't get trapped in you
spam filters!

A little complex this one -  changing a command to a private command has
stopped a script working for a reason I can't work out. The situation is:

  1) I have a getprop handler "layout_Outline" that calls a...
  2) Recursive command
  3) The recursive command hander uses a call by reference parameter

Nothing else. No call to any other handlers inside or outside of the script.
Now it works as a straight command but not when changed to "private
command".

Does anyone know if "private command" handlers fail with either getprops,
recursive, or call-by-reference thingies ?