Revolution 2.8.1: a 240+ bug fixes/improvements! What about the remaining 1879?

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Fri May 18 19:05:49 EDT 2007

On 18 May 2007, at 17:21, Chipp Walters wrote:

> My point was to show all bugs are not created equal. How do you
> resolve a
> bug which starts:
>
> "RunRev doesn't work." --user
> "What's the problem." --RR
> "It's broken" -user
> "How can I help?" --RR
> "When I step on the pedal, it doesn't go forward!" -user
> "That's the mouse, and you're not supposed to step on it" -RR
>
> My only thought is I'd rather RR spend their valuable and precious
> bug-resolving resources on bugs which are clearly delineated.

Well, my idea would be to reply (this would be automated) to a bug
email (must be sent to the bugs@ address) with a link to a page to
fill in the details of the bug. This would constitute a web page with
as many options as possible as pull downs, starting from the highest
level (choose the software, choose the version) to as low as can fit
on one page, so as to not appear a daunting task.
If they reach the bottom of the page they have the option to further
detail the issue. The pull downs should whittle the chaff away from
the problem so the bug reporter now has a better idea of what is
required and can now detail the issue in his/her own words. Getting
to this point should also assist with any issues regarding non-native
speakers.

Cheers,

Luis.