Build for Classic

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri May 18 13:59:39 EDT 2007

>Joe,
>All Macs shipped since 1998 can run OS X.
>All Macs shipped since the installation of Intel CPUs can "only" run OS X.
>OS 9 (a good friend of mine) is dead.
>People who have not upgraded can not expect to get modern software for their
>OS 9 systemed computers - from you or anyone else. As for a children's market:
>most Macs shipped in a young child's lifetime had OS X installed. If a parent
>bought a Mac for a child, it is probably running OS X.
>I, for one, would rather have the Rev team forget about OS 9 entirely and
>deploy the resources elsewhere.
>Paul Looney

Paul, the dates and capabilities you quote are sort of irrelevant.
Many of us would like to forget OS9 but it is still quite widely used
in some market segments, like it or not. The fact that Chevy Impala
is not produced for many years does not mean that everybody should
stop producing parts for it. We discussed this so many times on the
list, so let's not start that again.

Joe is talking about broken promises... RR's web site stated for long
that "Revolution 2.7 for Mac OS 9 will be released soon".

Robert