Revolution 2.8.1: a 240+ bug fixes/improvements! What about the remaining 1879?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri May 18 12:21:17 EDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Luis <luis at anachreon.co.uk> wrote:

> I understand what you're saying, but my statement was concerned with
> the fact that it was your demo: Not knowing what the demo was I opted
> for the general view that this was reported by a standard user, who
> is often naive, which I judged from the 'bug report'.
> Most naive users do not understand the 'bug reporting process' and
> many do not want to be educated because they see no benefit to it:
> They just want to play the game (or whatever the app is).

Reading an earlier message may have told you it had something to do with
altSQLite, which is no longer 'my demo,' other than the fact I wrote it
before selling it to RR. This was literally the FIRST bug I clicked on
marked "UNCONFIRMED", and not one I was looking at. I found it amusing it
had something to do with a product I wrote (and have had very few complaints
about.)

My point was to show all bugs are not created equal. How do you resolve a
bug which starts:

"RunRev doesn't work." --user
"What's the problem." --RR
"It's broken" -user
"How can I help?" --RR
"When I step on the pedal, it doesn't go forward!" -user
"That's the mouse, and you're not supposed to step on it" -RR

My only thought is I'd rather RR spend their valuable and precious
bug-resolving resources on bugs which are clearly delineated.