2.8.1: a necessary corrective.

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 05:35:45 EDT 2007

Dave wrote:

"It's not that there are bugs, it's that the same bugs
remain there
release after release while new features were added
(with their own
set of new bugs, so the list got bigger) and we were
expectws to pay
for new versions over and over again with all the old
problems still
there!"

I "still" use a 4 year-old computer (G4
dual-processor) for two very simple reasons:-

1. I don't have much money.
2. The Intel Macs look buggy just at the moment.

I "still" use DreamCard 2.6.1 for much the same
reason.

When Runtime Revolution produce a version of RR that
looks significantly more stable than 2.8.1 does I
shall scrape together the cash.

Nobody is "expecting" me to pay for anything - it is
entirely up to me. Why you imagine Runtime Revolution
expect you to pay beats me: undoubtedly they would
like you to pay to support their R & D - but whether
you decide to or not is up to you.

As I am strapped for cash, but see Runtime
Revolutionas an extremely good RAD I am supporting
them by Beta testing. However nobody from Runtime
Revolution has ever expected anything from me . . .
Err, Well . . . for a while they expected me to keep
my big, fat mouth shut - but I didn't :)

I would suppose that you, Dave, are a "big boy" and as
such nobody should be pushing you around - least of
all that "awful R*nt*m* R*v*l*t**n company" with their
constant demands for money :) Lighten Up!

Love, Richmond

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.