Vista and Mac Universal backward compatibility

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Fri May 18 03:22:01 EDT 2007

From: "Thomas McCarthy" <tominjapan at excite.com>

> Will apps built with Rev 2.6 be useable with the new operating systems by
> Mirosoft and Apple?

2.6.1 does run on Vista (and so do standalones) however the window painting
isn't fully implemented AFAICT so the support won't be everything that is
possible on Vista.  However - it would seem to me that some Rev functions
like copying files and folders (as an example) check the Windows version in
order to carry out the shell command.  I've not tested these but they do
return the OS version and the highest in 2.6.1 is going to be version 5 (XP)
so I'm not sure what would happen when version 6 (Vista) is returned.
Something worth checking on I should think.

Scott