Revolution 2.8.1: a 240+ bug fixes/improvements! What about the remaining 1879?

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Fri May 18 02:25:57 EDT 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 9:19 PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> Of course with such small numbers, one can not really draw a
> conclusive decision,

I think the answer to how successful this release and any other
release is will be very subjective.  I don't think it is reasonable
to expect the bug count to change by a given percentage.  I was one
of the people that gave this release rave reviews simply because I
can see and feel the difference from this version and my previous
reliable 2.7.4.

I still have bugs that are over 2 years old that have not been
fixed.  I have bugs that were only days old that did get fixed.  In
my very subjective measure, 2.8.1 is a huge step forward when I look
at the projects I am working on and how they perform.  Everyone's
mileage will vary when it comes to gaging how significant a given
release is.

If I am able to produce the commercial projects I am working on then
all is good from my perspective.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software