Quitting standalone, is this a bug?

Michael Binder runr at prismpole.com
Thu May 17 18:14:48 EDT 2007

Hi Devon and Jacqueline,

Thanks for the suggestions, I have read them several times but I still
don't see how they help me.  Maybe Jacqueline is right about hypercard
interfering with my thought process.

Jacqueline wrote:
>  [snip]  You could also check this way:
>
>    if the short name of this stack is the mainstack of this stack
> then...
>
> which would be true if it's your stack and false if it's not.

OK, suppose I use this code and find that "this stack" is not myApp.
Then
what do I do?

myApp is a mainstack with no substacks.  myApp has several dataentry
cards.
I need to know which dataentry card the user was editing at the time of
the quit request.

The code you have provided will tell me whether or not its my stack.
The
user was certainly in my stack when she made the Quit request.  I need
to know where in my stack the user was when she quit.  Asking the engine
whether

> the short name of this stack is the mainstack of this stack

doesn't tell me what card the user was editing when the Quit request was
made, does it?  My workaround was to get line 1 of the recentcards of
myApp on the theory that the user must have been there when the Quit
request was made.

By the way, myApp worked as I expected it to in the development
environment.
Only when it is in the standalone environment does it seem confused
about
the name of "this card" or "this stack".

I appreciate your efforts to help me, but I must be pretty dense.  Could
you please try harder?

thanks, Michael Binder