Understanding the long ID?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue May 15 19:29:11 EDT 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007 18:07:27 -0500, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Thanks Trevor,
>
> duh.
> I got it...just a bit confusing is all. I do/have used the 'set the text of'
> for this.

I've done the same. But I started to put this rule into my head that I
can manipulate properties with get/set/put on an object reference in a
variable, but that anything else to do with that object (esp.
"shorthand" stuff like "get field 1" instead of "get the text of field
1") should be executed with "do":

  do "put" && quote & "Fred" & quote && "into" && tID

But I've tended to go the "property way" when using references because
it's less typing (as you saw):

  set the text of tID to "Fred"

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.