applescript - do script

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Tue May 15 18:59:00 EDT 2007

It looks like Ken's trick of renaming the .rsrc file does the trick:

1. Open the standalone package.
2. Navigate to myappname.app/Contents/Resources/Revolution.rsrc
3. Change it to myappname.app/Contents/Resources/myappname.rsrc
4. Now trigger the Finder into updating it's list of scriptable
applications, for instance by archiving the app, deleting the
original (make sure to empty the Trash) and uncompressing it again.

I'm still getting some odd problems with having to relaunch Script
Editor etc. but I suspect that's down to the Finder. :-(

I've added this to the bug report (#4970)

Ian