Menus, fields and not activating a mouseUp?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue May 15 18:58:40 EDT 2007

David,

On second thought, the user probably releases the control key right
after the mousedown. So, you might want to use the mouseDown handler
only.

on mouseDown
   if the controlKey is down then
     -- do stuff
   else
     wait 200 with messages
     if the mouse is up then
       -- run "mouseup" script
     end if
   end if
end mouseDown

This could be a better way to do it.

Alternatively, you can check out the flushEvents function. If you
don't want the mouseUp to run after the mouseDown script finished,
just execute

get flushEvents("mouseUp")

This is not always a good solution and I tend to avoid it.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 15-mei-2007, om 22:44 heeft David Bovill het volgende geschreven: