Rotating fields?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue May 15 11:20:42 EDT 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 3:51 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to have a field with non editable text rotated by 90,
> so that I
> get vertical text.
>
> As far as I've seen yet I can only rotate images. Is there any
> trick to
> rotate a field?
>
> The last workaround would be to create an image with the vertical
> text :(
>
> Any other solutions out there?

Last year Scott Rossi made available a typically amazing stack,
called textSpinner, that does just what you want. It actually does
create an image from the text on the fly and rotates it to an angle
you choose. Get it by entering in the message box:

go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/textspinner.rev"

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University