'Community Beta' has lost its way [any part]

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Tue May 15 10:10:11 EDT 2007

Ok folks, lets drop this now.

Bernard, we have heard and noted your feelings on this issue. Scott,
Ken, Richard, Chipp, thanks for the good words. Its nice to get the
odd word of praise when we are working so hard on something. Peter
Alcibiades, yes, indeed, Linux is vital and is coming in 2.9. We'll
get a beta for you to get your teeth into just as soon as we are able.

I'd like to end this thread on a note of appreciation. Without all
your participation, Bills leadership, and the whole bag of tricks
from all of you including criticism in measure, 2.8.1 would not be
half as good as it is, and 2.9 would not have a hope of being the
fantastic release it is going to be.