[ANN] Altuit VueTools available...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon May 14 15:03:27 EDT 2007

Hi David,

Well, I certainly am no guru on this sort of thing, but here's what I know.
Python is Vue's scripting language. When executing a Python script, it does
not run in it's own thread, but rather runs synchronously. So, in order for
VueToolbar to stay open and available, it must run asynchronously in it's
own thread, which is also within Vue's process. Because VueToolbar
(wxWidgets) runs within Vue's process, it can communicate with Vue's Python.
Any Vue Python script can be placed into Altuit's VueTools plugins folder,
and the VueToolbar will scan it, make a button for it, and then run the
script when the button is pressed.

As I'm sure you know, creating plugins for Rev apps is a fairly simple and
straightforward thing to do as well. Just designate a folder 'plugins' and
allow users to 'run' any of the stacks located there.

HTH,
Chipp